We conduct research and analyses which will provide decision support in issues with clinical, economic, ethical or policy consequences. We develop your ideas and address your business challenges using the tools, technologies and models from medicine, economics and statistics.
Economic valuation of nature and environmental services
We have profound experience in conducting a wide range of economic assessment and analysis related to policy impact assessment, feasibility studies and as business partners in international research projects (e.g. Horizon2020, European Space Agency, NordForsk). In 2015, the inclusion of the Belgium company CWare was formalised to strengthen our portfolio of services within cost benefit analysis, socio-economic research, innovative business models, circular economy, Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), market strategic analysis and exploitation strategies within environmental, space and R&D sectors.
Contact: Birgitte Holt Andersen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: +4553835761
Check out our projects:
Mineral wool waste back to loop with advanced sorting, pretreatment, and alkali activation
June 2019- May 2022
ApHERs role in WOL2LOOP
- Evaluate the circular economic feasibility of the developed value chain
- Assess the economic impact by comparing the true costs to traditional solutions by pricing-in externalities using a life cycle costs assessment approach (LCCA)
- Develop the business cases for the developed novel WOOL2LOOP products, their further market exploitation, including scalability in production
- To assess the economic circularity throughout the value chain to map potential conflicts of interest and barriers with different stakeholders.
Project website: http://www.wool2loop.eu/
NEWSOL – H2020 project (2017-2020)
NewSOL develops advanced materials solutions based innovative storage media and concepts for Thermal Energy Storage (TES) for Concentrated Solar Power (CSP):
A.Thermal concrete Tank
B.Concrete module Tank
Using molten salts as heat transfer fluid.
Project website: http://www.newsol.uevora.pt
DurSaam, MarieCurie Innovative Training Network (2018-2022)
Project website: http://www.dursaam.ugent.be
APSE – FP7 project (2013-2017)
Use of eco-friendly materials for a new concept of Asphalt Pavements for Sustainable environment
Project website: http://apseproject.eu
DECUMANUS – FP7 (2013-2016) City Services using satellite data
1.Urban Climate Atlas service assessing urban climate change impacts
2. Land monitoring service providing land consumption information and urban ecosystems assessment tools
3. City Energy Efficiency assessing energy consumption and improve energy efficiency in cities
4. Citizen Health tools to alert the population to health risks arising from poor air quality and excessive temperatures in the urban area
5. Population impact assessment analysing the impact of climate change scenarios to the population
Project website: http://www.decumanus-fp7.eu/home/
Safeguarding Patients Through Unique Registry-Based Health Research
Pharmacoepidemiology is the study of drug uses and effects in well defined populations. In the Nordic countries we can retrieve information from both national patient registries on a individual patient level and from a number of quality registries and clinical databases, which have been built over the past decades. Registry studies are a cost and time effective alternative to prospective clinical investigations. Health and socioeconomic register data, from birth to death, is available for the whole Nordic population of 26 million people.